This online payment system is provided by NITK Surathkal. The Institute’s authority may update these terms from time to time and any changes will be effective immediately on being set out here. Please ensure you are aware of the current terms. The country of domicile for the Institute is India.
Terms & Conditions:
Please read these terms carefully before using the online payment facility. Using the online payment facility on this website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms do not use this facility.
All payments are subject to the following conditions:-
- The description of courses are specific to you (i.e. Programme Name, start and end date etc.) when you log in with your unique password. Normally payment is required in advance (i.e. Before Course Registration of the respective semester).
- All Fees quoted are in Indian Rupees. NITK Surathkal reserves the right to change the fees at any time.
- Your payment will normally reach the Institute’s account to which you are making a payment within two working days.
- We cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the correct Institute’s account due to quoting an incorrect account number or incorrect personal details by you. Neither can we accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the credit/debit card supplier for any reason.
- If the card supplier declines payment Institute is under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You should check with your bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from your account.
- In no event will the Institute be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
- If the students discontinue the Institute before completing their Programme, there shall be no entitlement to a refund of Tuition Fees.
- Refunds, if applicable, at the discretion of the Management, will only be made to the debit/credit card used for the original transaction. For the avoidance of doubt nothing in this Policy shall require the Institute to refund the Fees (or part thereof) unless such Fees (or part thereof) have previously been paid.
No Payment Cancellation is permitted. Any disputes in regards to payments/ refund of transaction(s) due to technical reasons are subject to arbitration / resolution on a case to case basis.
- All payment details which are entered through this payment gateway are encrypted when the students, or third party making payment, enters them. Communications to and from the Service Provider's site are encrypted.
- Institute shall not be liable for any failure by the Customer or third party making payment of Fees to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons or otherwise obtained by such persons, during the online payment process or in respect of any omission to provide accurate information in the course of the online payment process.
Online Payments of Fees can be made by Credit / Debit card or Netbanking. These payments are not collected by the Institute directly but by the Service Provider.
Once payment is received by the Service Provider in cleared funds, the Service Provider will contact the Institute to confirm the details of the successful payment made by the Customer, or third party making payment. On receipt of this confirmation the Institute will confirm to the Customer that the payment has been received and accepted by the Institute. In the event that the Customer does not receive confirmation within 14 days of making the payment it is the responsibility of the Customer to check with the Institute that the payment has been accepted. The Customer shall remain responsible for the Tuition Fees until such time as the confirmation as referred to above is received from the Institute in relation to each of these and any outstanding amounts owed to the Institute.
Guidelines on Registration-with-fine
Schedule of academic activities for a Semester including Dates of Registration is included in the academic calendar and is approved by the Senate. Physical presence of the students is a must on the day of registration. However, keeping in view exceptional circumstances, provisions have been given for Registration-with-fine. A students seeking Registration-with-Fine must complete the entire process of late Registration within last date of Registration including obtaining Medical Certificate from Resident Medical Officer of the Institute (if late on Medical Background), reporting to the Academic Section for obtaining permission from Dean Academics for late Registration and payment of Registration Fee with fine.
Registration Fee for backlog subjects
All students having FF/FA in courses beyond normal duration of the programme, i.e. after 4 years of B. Tech, 2 years of M Tech, MBA, MSc & 3 years of MCA programme, have to register for the courses on payment of Registration Fee @ Rs 3000 per backlog course.